Learn more about ‘Menu-item’
The intranet wide update in January 2024 includes significant improvements and changes.
Improvements applied to existing features and functionality include:
- Left Hand Side (LHS) - the LHS of the users screen has now been prioritised for just content creation.
- Right Hand Side (RHS) - the RHS Draw is now the ‘administrative’ section of the content types.
- Configuration Panel - Is now located at the bottom of the content type and contains ‘Engage’, ‘Links’, ‘Promote’, ‘Search’, ‘Tags’ and ‘Target’
- WYSIWYG Options - Post update when you access the WYSIWYG you will see the options specific to your role
Create a new ‘Menu-item’
- Navigate to the ‘Workbar’ and select the ‘Create’ icon (+)
- Select “Menu-item” under the “Navigation” heading
- Input a title
- Add a description
- Display where the Menu-item should be displayed
- “Include landing page” – Selecting this option will assign a landing page to this menu item.
- “Display menu” – Selecting this option will add a menu to the landing page.
Be able to view a ‘Menu-item‘
- Navigate to the ‘Main Menu‘
- Select a ‘Menu-item’ you would like to view
- You will be redirected to that ‘Menu-item’
- In the top right corner select the ‘Overflow’ menu (‘Three dots’) in order to:
- ‘Delete’ –
The ‘Menu-item’ can be designed to display many different designs due to being able to add multiple different widgets and selecting multiple different layouts. The ‘Menu-item’ also has the ability to reflect different existing templates. This can be used to help provide a common narrative and design across your intranet.
Includes options for:
- Organising content
- Managing workflow
- Adding a featured image
Includes options for:
- Commenting options
Administration: Site Structure
Locate and manage the ‘Site Structure’ in Administration
- Locate the “Administration” settings in the ‘Workbar’
- You will be redirected to the “Administration” screen
- On the left hand side select “Site Structure”
- Here you can:
- Create “Menu Item” – Select the “Create Menu Item” button
- View “Menu Items” – Select the “Menu Item” you want to view
- Create “Submenu item” – Select the overflow button (three dots)
- Edit “Menu Item” – Select the overflow button (three dots)
- Delete “Menu Item” – Select the overflow button (three dots)
Couldn't find what you're looking for?
We're here to help. Please raise a support request via our help desk and we'll get back to you asap