What is JIRA?
JIRA is a software application which enables your team to plan, track and release software. For more information, please visit their website.
Integrating JIRA with Invotra
Creating and publishing a JIRA app
Our integration with JIRA utilises their Oauth 2.0 functionality which is currently in BETA. Therefore, in order to integrate JIRA, you will need to follow some steps to get a JIRA application published which requires you to raise a ticket to JIRA.
- Go to Atlassian’s create page
- Name your app, for example, “Invotra”
- Agree to terms and conditions and click ‘Create’
- Under ‘APIs and features’ on the LHS, click +Add
- Under ‘Jira platform REST API’, click +Add
- You should see a Configure button now, click this
- Beside ‘View Jira issue data’, click +Add
- Click OAuth 2.0 (3L0) on the LHS
- In the callback URL enter the URL of your site, e.g. https://intranet-name.invotra.com
- Check ‘I confirm that I’ve implemented the Personal Data Reporting API
- Fill in your details under the ‘Support details’ heading
- Click Save
Once you have created the app using the steps above, you will need to raise a ticket with JIRA in order to get your app published. To do this, go to the Developer Service Desk and raise a ticket to publish your app.
If you require any further information you can access the JIRA documentation on their website.
If you have any issues with the above, you will need to contact JIRA directly as this is not under our control.
Enabling JIRA integration
Once your app has been created and published by JIRA you can enable the integration within Invotra. To do this:
1. Log in as a Webmaster
2. Navigate to Administration
3. Select ‘JIRA’ under ‘Global settings’ -> ‘Connect’
4. Enter the subdomain of your JIRA Cloud instance, e.g if your JIRA Cloud URL is https://example.atlassian.net then please enter ‘example’ into the provided text box.
5. Enter the ‘Client ID’ string provided by your JIRA app
6. Enter the ‘Secret’ string provided by your JIRA app
7. Click ‘Connect’
Now JIRA has been enabled on your intranet. End users will now need to authenticate their JIRA account to use it.
Authenticating your JIRA account
To start using the JIRA integration, you’ll need to authenticate your personal JIRA account. To do this:
1. Login as any user
2. Navigate to your account settings
3. Click on the ‘Manage apps’ tab
4. Click ‘Connect’
5. You will be taken to JIRA, follow the on-screen instructions
6. Once accepted, you will return back to Invotra and have your JIRA account connected
7. Now you can go and use the JIRA integration in Groups by simply adding a JIRA code or link to a JIRA task
“Oops, you’ve made a malformed request”
If you experience the above issue, follow the instructions provided by JIRA and/or contact the JIRA support team. This is not related to Invotra.