Manually creating users
Users can be created manually in ‘User management’ in Administration. These users can only log in with their email and password, as the authname field is not provided.
To add users this way, you must enter the following details:
- Password (manual or generated)
If you plan on users authenticating via SSO in the future, please import users instead.
Notifying new users
When this option is checked, then a user that has been created manually and assigned a manual password will receive an email notifying them that their account has been created.
When this option is unchecked, then a user that has been created manually and assigned a manual password will not receive an email notifying them that their account has been created.
Manually updating users
- From the ‘Administration’ page select the ‘User management’ option
- With ‘Username’ selected in first dropdown menu, add the name of the user you would like to search for and select ‘SEARCH’
- Select the user from the results displayed
- You will be taken to the user’s profile, from here select the ‘EDIT PROFILE’ tab
- Update user’s ‘PERSONAL’ and ‘PROFESSIONAL details
- Select ‘Save’
- Select the ‘ACCOUNT SETTINGS’ tab to update the user’s ‘AUTHENTICATION, ‘STATUS’, ‘GLOBAL ROLES’ and ‘TIME ZONE’ details
- Select ‘SAVE’