Mandatory content review
You have the ability to make content reviews mandatory for content types.
It’s a useful way to ensure content is up-to-date, accurate, and relevant. It also automates the unpublishing of content if the review date passes without being reset. You choose the content types that feature the mandatory content review field and the rest is up to your content creators.
Follow these 2 steps to set up and use the mandatory content review:
As a Webmaster
- Go to ‘Administration’ in the workbar
- Locate ‘Content settings’ category and select ‘Mandatory content review’
- Choose the content types that require a mandatory content review
You’ll see the following help text:
A mandatory review makes content creators set a review date before they can publish. The author and content owner will be notified 31 days and 3 days before the review date passes. If the author or owner fails to reset the review date, the content is unpublished.
As an Author, Editor, Publisher, Section Manager or Webmaster
- Create a content type by selecting ‘+’ in your workbar
- Add content as normal
- When you get to ‘Review’, set the date and time your content needs to be reviewed by
Content authors and owners will be notified 31 days and 3 days before the date and time pass. If the review date is not altered before then, the content is unpublished.